In this post, you will learn how to download and install SQL Server 2014 from an ISO image. I will also download the AdventureWorks sample database and load it into our SQL server 2014.
Downloading ISO image
1. You can download the SQL Server from this link. But in case of the link changes, you can Google - "download SQL server enterprise evaluation" and it will show you the results below.
Related: How to file B1/B2 visa for parents?
2. Open the link highlighted above and you will find all the latest SQL Servers available. I am installing SQL Server 2014 for this post. As its old version, it is very stable.
3. Click on the little plus sign and select the iso image to download.
4. Fill out these details and hit continue.
5. Select your platform based on your system properties whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit (Go to your control panel and look for system properties).
The download will take approximately 10 minutes based on your network. It's a ~3 GB ISO file. Make sure you have enough space on your computer to perform this installation.
Run ISO image
1. Once the download is complete, double-click on the ISO file and it will automatically mount on your drive as shown below. If it doesn't mount automatically you can use WinRAR to unzip the ISO file.
2. Open the drive to run the setup.
SQL Server 2014 Installation
1. Setup will take some time (approx. a minute) to open. You will get this screen.
2. Go to the Installation tab as shown above and click on New SQL Server stand-alone installation.